Friday 12 September 2014

New Chapter

Hello everybody,

I know that again, it has been a long time, and even though I was not necessarily busy with something in particular, I felt the need to pause and think about the things that I want to do.

I know it sounds intriguing, but I guess it is quite normal to have mixed feeling when you are finishing a chapter in your life. As you might know, I graduated from my undegrad and will be doing a Masters starting next week (anxious). Even though I am in the same city and living in the same place, I am in a totally different state of mind. Summer always made me reflect on what I am and what I would like to be. So, on the verge of this significant change in my life, I had to pause and think about what I want, what I like and what my priorities are.

I think that in this overly digital world, we sometimes forget to pause for a second and think about what we want, instead of what society, circle of friends, family pushes us to be. With social media, we see every day progress, success, happiness, moments, but we don't see what happens backstage, all the lost nights, the anxiety, the fear, the determination. I am not saying anything new, I know, but sometimes I need to remind myself that the only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. It is a clisee, but it's oh so true.

So here here to a new chapter and hard work, without which we will never achieve whatever it is that we want!


No comments:

Post a Comment